17TH ANNUAL KIDS FUN RUN
100% of money raised goes towards BFPS, supporting things such as Science, Technology, Engineering and Math or STEM programs and learning opportunities outside of the classroom.
Kids Fun Run, Friday September 29th,
KIDS FUN RUN: Students have an exciting time leading up to the Fun Run of asking friends and family to donate to their beloved school. Students run laps around the track and collect stamps. Parents cheer them on or run with them! Festivities begin in the morning and each grade level runs at a scheduled time. See below to donate.
STUDENTS WILL RUN AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
9:00-9:45am - Grades 1 & 4
10:00-10:45am - Grades K & 3
11:00-11:45am - Grades 2 & 5
Students should prepare for possible cool wet weather. Please help them choose appropriate clothes and shoes for running outside. Water and snacks will be provided after the run. Thank you very much for helping us cheer the kids on at the finish line!
A Few big changes for this year's event and fundraising:
1. We have restructured our Fun Run reward system to individual prizes instead of class-based parties. with the aim to inspire students to raise money for their school, empowering them with the tools they need to do so and then rewarding all their hard work accordingly. Our message to students will be everyone’s effort matters in the support of our school. And we will celebrate our collective effort with an all school ice cream social when we hit our goal of raising 35K! Our prize chart will be revealed soon!
2. We have also changed how we will distribute toe tokens. Toe tokens will be earned and distributed (for the most part) after funds are collected as they correspond to the prize chart. But, toe tokens WILL be sold at “The Popsicle Social” (Aug 24th) and at “Back to School Night” (Sept.13th) and on Wednesday the 27th (before and after school-early release). The toe token necklaces should be encouraged to be worn on the following dates:
· Kick Off Assembly-Sept. 8th
· Fun Run Day-Sept. 29th
· Slideshow Celebration-October 6th
3. Our hope is that we empower our students to take ownership of their own fundraising efforts. We are putting much more emphasis on guiding and teaching the kids HOW to solicit donations from friends, family, and neighbors during our kick off assembly on September 8th. Please allow some class time for students to complete their goal sheets and practice in a “partner share”
4. There will NOT be an adult 5k this year
Please e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you!
Boones Ferry Primary School is thrilled to kick off the 2017-2018 school year with our Fun Run! We’ve launched new and exciting changes this year including our transition from class-based parties to individually-earned prizes. All flat rate donations go toward individual totals. Please note that toe token sales are just for fun and to encourage “Dragonfly Pride”. They will not be tracked to individual totals. Please encourage and facilitate your child to hit his/her goal to be rewarded with a fabulous prize!
1. Students will collect cash and check donations using the packet and safe-keeping envelope sent home on Sept 8th. All donations will be returned to school on Sept 28th. (checks can be made to 'BFPS-PSS').
2. Secure online donations accepted via Paypal. Please note that all donations are a flat rate of your choice and will be tracked toward each student's individual fundraising efforts.
*At check out you will have an opportunity to enter the child's full name, grade and teacher's name so that your donation is tracked and recorded toward their individual goal.
Order a 2017-2018 Boones Ferry Fun Run supporter T-shirt, $20 each
The above link will take you to the BFPS Facebook page. Once on Facebook, Click the Tab at Left for 'Fun Run 2017 T-Shirts'
WHAT ARE TOE TOKENS?
Toe tokens are a fun way for us to energize the students for our Fun Run. Toe tokens will be awarded on an individual basis according to what level of donations each student received. You can see details on the prize chart that was sent home. Toe tokens will also be sold at Back to School Night on Sept 13th and on early release day Sept 27th for $5 each.
Kindergartners will be given a chain and a toe token to get them started.
Prizes will be earned by students that raise the most money. The students with the most participation also receive great prizes from various sponsorships we receive from community sponsorships and the PSS.
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS COMMUNITY SPONSORS WHO ARE MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OUR CHILDREN'S EDUCATION! That's why we love being their customers.
Al's Garden Center | Bullwinkle's | Carly Carpenter Photography | Coca-Cola | Edge Family Fitness | Eye to Eye Clinic | Findlay Motors | Fred Meyer | Green Group | Happy Art Ceramic Studio | Innovative Dance | Jamba Juice | Lance's Superior Auto | Larson Dental Care | Lee's Martial Arts Academy | Marquis Companies | McDonald's | O'Neil Law LLC | Puddle Jumpers Preschool | Rupp Family Builders | Safari Sam's | Senestraro Family Orthodontics | Sky High | State Farm Brian Koenig | The UPS Store | Therapeutic Associates Physical Therapy | Tylers Automotive, Wilsonville | Wilsonville Audi | Wilsonville Honda | Wilsonville Orthodontics/ Dr Restic | Wilsonville Subaru | Wilsonville Toyota
Last years Annual Adult 5K was on Friday, Sept 30th, 2016. Together we raised $27,505 that was used to buy much needed Chrome Books for our students! Thank you to all our amazing 2017/2018 sponsors and students for raising money for toe tokens!